If you want fresh thinking and innovation, then you need to engage with young people.
We’ve run Australia’s first youth summit on climate change initiated by a Council, and engaged thousands of students through travelling shows, and ran a curated film competition. We’ve even developed games and apps to engage with young people. There’s nothing more uplifting!
Here’s our top 10 tips to engage young people
- Get digital
- Jump into FB, YouTube and Insta
- Gamify it
- Get active. Get to the sports fields, the schools, the movies, and the uni halls
- Change your tone. It’s ok to drop the earnest tone. You can still be serious with a joke.
- Publish more frequently with fewer words
- Make it fun.
- Don’t talk down or patronise. And ask a young person to watch you to make sure you don’t accidentally slip into grumpy-old-person-mode.
- Find your funny bone. Seriously.
- Get a scooter – ok that’s not some new engagement technique. That’s humour to check if you got number 9!
Want to discuss how to engage young people for your project? Contact us at email@example.com