Fast track IAP2 Certificate of Engagement
Upcoming course information
5 day course
For dates and pricing of IAP2 courses, please click the ‘register’ button
Engagement training for 2023’s challenges
We offer a fast-track schedule that means you can gain your full IAP2 Australasian Certificate of Engagement in just a few weeks:
- Essentials of Engagement (full day)
- Apply Engagement Methods (two full days)
- Design and Plan Engagement (two full days).
OR if you have already started your Certificate of Engagement training, you can sign up for any of the single courses.
The course will be delivered in person at Articulous, located in the Brisbane CBD. The maximum number of participants is 20. This makes sure you get the best possible student experience with our IAP2 Licensed Trainer, Alice Sherring.
Essentials of Engagement is a prerequisite course, so you’ll need to complete this program first. If you’ve completed Essentials elsewhere, you can complete the other courses here to gain your full certificate. At the end of five days of training you will attain the IAP2 Australasian Certificate of Engagement.
Click the register button for dates and cost. Delivered in person at Articulous.
20 participants only.
Essentials of Engagement
- ^Demonstrate understanding of the different uses of engagement
- ^Explain the characteristics of successful engagement (community/stakeholder and organisational dynamic)
- ^ Design a simple community/stakeholder engagement activity, justifying decisions about why, when, and how to engage
- ^ Assess the community and stakeholder factors that shape engagement
- ^Assess the core elements for effective engagement: context, people, scope, purpose and influence
- ^Identify emerging engagement practice e.g. participatory budgeting or ‘gamification’
- ^ Identify their own role in engagement and their learning needs.
Apply Engagement Methods
- ^Examine the key steps in selecting an appropriate method
- ^ Explore the aspects of design, question design and data analysis
- ^ Examine issues which arise in delivery and how to manage groups
- ^Explore commonly-used engagement techniques
- ^Communicate technical information in an accessible way.
Design and Plan Engagement
- ^Define the purpose and context for engagement
- ^ Interpret the needs and context of the organisation, stakeholder and community
- ^ Select and define the roles and influence of the organisation, stakeholders and communities on the decision, action and form of engagement
- ^Design engagement approaches for a range of purposes and situations
- ^ Reach and activate community and organisational participation
- ^Integrate monitoring and evaluation into the engagement plan and activities
Click the register button below for dates and cost.
Who is this course for?
The certificate is designed for anyone who needs to increase their engagement understanding and skills and apply them to their work. It is ideal for emerging practitioners or anyone involved in community engagement projects in:
- ^not for profit
- ^community organisations.
This course is delivered in-person over five days over two consecutive weeks.
- ^8:30am – 4:30pm (includes 30-minute technical onboarding and breaks)
- ^In-person delivery at Articulous, Brisbane CBD
- ^Training scenarios
- ^Course material including the templates and tools for each stage
Register here for the full certificate in June
You can pay for the five-day fast track by using the ‘register’ button below. You can use all major credit and debit cards.
You can ask us to invoice you. The invoice must be paid by ten working days before the course starts, unless we’ve reached a different agreement. If it is not paid in full, we may give your place to someone on our waiting list.
Click the register button for dates and cost.
You will receive a tax invoice after payment. If you need an alternative payment method, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your place will not confirmed until payment is received.
Training participants say…
Very engaging, insightful, welcoming. Alice provided an open safe space to explore a very complex topic in a very personal and meaningful way.
“Amanda has delivered many training session for us and I trust her completely to do a great job. She receives a significant amount of praise from participants who are impressed by her leadership and vast breadth of knowledge in the community engagement field as well as her friendly, engaging training style.”
“Alice is super supportive and brings everyone’s ideas and inputs into the course, and provides relevance.”
“Amanda from Articulous was key to the success of our Community Safety Think Tank. I’d highly recommend Amanda and Articulous for the ability to understand our needs, design and facilitate a workshop with innovative and creative tools to bring forward excellent thinking from the group.”
“Excellent experience exploring, revisiting and considering how we engage with and reach hardly reached groups!”
With more than a decade of experience developing innovative stakeholder engagement strategies for complex projects, Alice is a highly sought-after facilitator, trainer and strategist.
An experienced trainer, Alice is known for her ability to clearly articulate and explore complex concepts and problems with diverse groups. Alice has provided executive coaching services for managers and executives in Queensland.
Amanda is an international award-winning engagement and communications expert who has led multiple ground-breaking projects. Widely recognised for her ability to quickly understand attitudes, perceptions and markets, Amanda leads a team of senior professionals at Articulous, the award-winning company she founded.
Amanda is a high-energy facilitator who can inspire innovation and deftly bring people to consensus. Her passion makes her a highly sought-after speaker.