Facilitating the tough stuff in Engagement. You know the drill: you’re facing 70 angry people in a room who all want to let you and your project team know exactly what they think about the proposal.
All you have is a white board and your skills.
Can you get the outcome everyone needs and make sure the community feels heard and listened to?
This course can help you do exactly that. While we can’t promise everyone in your room will be happy, we can promise that you’ll upgrade your facilitation skills and be prepared for those challenging and complex situations.
In Facilitating the Tough Stuff we’ll unpack the facilitation skills you need for success in increasingly complex and demanding groups and changing dynamics, without losing control of the project or the engagement process!
You’ll practice your own facilitation techniques through live simulations that get you thinking on your feet, as you’re immersed in real world scenarios. Plus individual coaching and guidance on the adjustments you can make to ensure you – and your participants – are heard.
What makes this different?
You’ll experience tough-stuff facilitation as close to real-world as it’s possible to get in a training environment:
- 1-to-1 coaching-style format so you can practice and improve your own facilitation style and techniques
- Immersive scenarios where you have to think on your feet, and address the facilitation dilemma the same way you would in a real setting
- tough topics – yes, the kind you’d face in a real facilitation
- in a safe environment.
This course goes further than any other course we know of, to build your skills and grow your confidence. You’ll leave with really practical tools that you can use immediately.
Your trainer: Alice Sherring
Articulous trainer Alice Sherring is a qualified town planner and is licensed by IAP2 Australasia to deliver a range of engagement courses. She has also developed courses in consultation with IAP2.
With more than a decade of experience training, facilitating and managing complex engagement processes in Australia and the USA, Alice is an award-winning dynamic facilitator and innovative stakeholder engagement specialist.
She has trained thousands of practitioners from federal, state, metropolitan, county, and local government levels; across diverse sectors including health, education, community, non-profit, energy, mining, transportation, natural resources management, planning, and environment.
Training participants say...
Articulous Academy Alumni
All our course graduates are invited to join the AAA! Watch your email in the days after the course for your invitation.
Articulous Academy Alumni is growing group and you receive special goodies:
- Monthly email with a detailed case study that you can learn from and apply to your own practice
- Early notice and special pricing for all our courses
- A quarterly webinar on engagement hot topics
- Priority access and special pricing for group coaching
- And more – we’re planning new goodies all the time!