A former journalist, Amanda is a passionate and experienced communicator, who has worked with some of the country’s largest organisations and government organisations nationally. She is a sought-after issues and crisis advisor, especially for major corporations.
Amanda is recognised for groundbreaking work and setting many Australian firsts for the field of community engagement.
Amanda loves true innovations, technology and data. She chairs the Smart Cities Council of ANZ's National Centre for Civic Innovation, and, in her consulting work she has engaged on policies including Advance Queensland, the Start-Up Fund, and Queensland's Open Data policy. Articulous is a foundation sponsor of the Open Data Institute of Australia.
She has also been a weekly panellist on ABC Radio’s Hidden Persuaders program for eight years.
As a trainer, Amanda has worked with organisations across Australia and New Zealand. She has an energetic and engaging style.
During her career she has:
- Developed community and stakeholder engagement framework and strategies for state government departments and agencies in
- Developed Queensland's community engagement toolkit for the Planning Act 2017
- Created several Australasian firsts including the first augmented reality for a planning scheme, the first computer-generated avatar for mapping community values, and developed the foundation module for the world's first Advanced Certificate in Engagement for IAP2
- Branding campaigns for the corporate and public sector to reposition stakeholder perceptions.
- Marketed communication entry programs for fast-growing companies and national technology companies
- Worked on controversial planning projects across Australia and New Zealand
- Provided executive communication coaching for national law firms, directors of publicly-listed companies and SME owners
- Designed and facilitated community and stakeholder events for local governments, state governments and the Federal Government, including the Premier and several Ministers
- Practised across all forms of engagement including deliberative democracy, digital engagement, and broad-scale engagement to positively activate tens of thousands of people.
- Crisis managed for national retailers, government authorities, education providers and property developers
- Developed communication strategies for national property developers, resources companies, aged care providers and professional services firms
- Engaged on three Australasian IAP2 award-winning projects
- Conducted online communications and engagement
Amanda's Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Business (Journalism)
- Graduate Diploma Communication (Advertising)
- Licensed trainer for the Australasian Certificate of Engagement (the Australasian standard from the world’s peak body for community engagement – the International Association for Public Participation)
- Licensed trainer for Strategies in Complex Engagement (mandatory foundation model for the IAP2 Advanced Certificate in Engagement)
- Certificate of Public Participation
- Certificate of Emotion and Outrage in Public Participation
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors