A passionate and experienced communicator, she has worked with some of the country’s largest organisations and government organisations nationally. She is a sought-after issues and crisis advisor, especially for major corporations.
A former journalist, Amanda is a communications strategist with skills in community and stakeholder engagement, media relations, corporate communication and training.
She has also been a weekly panellist on ABC Radio’s Hidden Persuaders program for eight years.
As a trainer, Amanda has worked with organisations across Australia and New Zealand. She has an energetic and engaging style.
During her career she has:
- Developed community and stakeholder engagement framework and strategies for state government departments and agencies
- Marketed communication entry programs for fast-growing companies and national technology companies
- Worked on controversial planning projects across Australia and New Zealand
- Provided executive communication coaching for national law firms, directors of publicly-listed companies and SME owners
- Designed and facilitated community and stakeholder events for local governments, state governments and the Federal Government
- Crisis managed for national retailers, government authorities, education providers and property developers
- Conducted communications audits
- Developed communication strategies for national property developers, resources companies, aged care providers and professional services firms
- Engaged on two Australasian IAP2 award-winning projects
- Conducted online communications and engagement
Amanda's Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Business (Journalism)
- Graduate Diploma Communication (Advertising)
- Licensed trainer for the Certificate of Engagement (the Australasian standard from the world’s peak body for community engagement – the International Association for Public Participation)
- Licensed trainer for Emotion and Outrage in Public Participation
- Certificate of Public Participation
- Certificate of Emotion and Outrage in Public Participation
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors