Changing the way people think and act through communication and engagement
We’re an engagement, communications and training consultancy that operates nationally. We specialise in managing “complex projects”.
And we're proud to keep setting Australian and global firsts in engagement.
We communicate so our clients' stories can Be Seen. Be Heard. And Be Understood.
And we engage the community, employees and customers so our clients Can See. Can Hear. And Understand.
Only then can we change the way people think and act.
We are specialists at integrating the practices of communication and engagement to help our clients create relationships with the people who matter most to them. It’s a tailored fit, rather than an off-the-shelf solution that makes a real difference to the way organisations function.
We help clients to decide whether they need to communicate with, or involve others in decision-making to make real changes. We help businesses, not-for-profits, government agencies and multinational corporations bring together people to achieve outstanding outcomes on projects that really matter.
We thrive on complex projects. The sort that threaten to delay or derail you. Or the ones with the greatest potential to make enormous differences to your business or society. Projects like:
- Policy reforms
- Major issues or crises
- Company restructures or repositioning
- Integrating digital and social media
- Government infrastructure projects
- Master plans or planning schemes
- Driving innovation from staff, community or customers
- Working with outraged community or action groups
- Innovations that change how people live
- Facilitating community or stakeholder forums where a workable vision or a tangible outcome must be developed
Discover our work. From property to energy, planning and health, we love the work we do. Over the past few years, we've worked on:
- Queensland's 50% Renewable Energy Study
- Community engagement toolkit for the Qld Planning Act
- Policy engagement for $480m Advance Qld, Multicultural legislation and employment reform
- Cairns City Council award winner for innovative engagement
- Climate change adaptation for NSW Govt and Councils, and Moreton Bay
- City of Port Phillip corporate plan
- Improving mental health services in Victoria
- Emergency Services reform in South Australia
- Toondah Harbour Priority Development Area (award winner for PIA and UDIA in 2014)
- Victorian Government's waste and resource recovery engagement
- Transport planning and infrastructure in NSW and Qld
- Rebrands for iconic Qld B2B brands
- Restructure of publicly-listed companies
- Developing mobile apps, avatars, video animations, 3D animations
What We Do
Engagement flips communication on its head. It's about involving others in decision making by an organisation. It's about listening with intent. And engaging for a purpose.
Engaging with communities, staff and customers used to be a nice-to-have. Today, it's a must have!
The crossover between communication and engagement is a unique space. It means tackling our clients' problems from both perspectives, and knowing when to focus on communicating out and when to engage.
We’re one of Australia’s leading agency in community engagement and communication training, delivering courses to around 500 people every year. We deliver International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) courses, and co-developed the Australasian Certificate of Engagement - the industry standard. We encourage clients to build staff capacity and embed it into everyday business practice.
Connecting with people can be difficult. Especially for complex projects, or where it's hard to get noticed by disinterested or fatigued communities, or with young people. That's why we're the only communications and engagement agency to truly embrace interactive technology. We've created augmented reality apps and animations for clients .
During the past 12 months, Articulous has recorded:
What Can We Do For You in 2018?
The Articulous team did an outstanding job in bringing people together, securing a shared vision, and designing a workable program that people were prepared to invest in. I’ve rarely seen a consultancy team so committed to getting a good outcome and pulling out all stops to ensure success for the community - Energy Queensland
The Articulous team did an outstanding job in bringing people together, securing a shared vision, and designing a workable program that people were prepared to invest in. I’ve rarely seen a consultancy team so committed to getting a good outcome and pulling out all stops to ensure success for the community. - James Cook University
Without their energy, enthusiasm and expertise we would not have been able to pull this all together. Their commitment to innovation is amazing and we are overwhelmingly thankful that we engaged Articulous to assist us in this journey. - Ignite FNQ, Partners: Cairns Regional Council, Tablelands Regional Council
You did a great job in engaging the Community effectively to enable North West Hospital and Health Service to understand the Community’s needs. Feedback from the community and the staff who attended was that they felt they were heard and had been able to actively contribute to planning and design of the future service model.