Changing the way people think and act through communication and engagement
We’re a communications, engagement and training consultancy that operates nationally. We specialise in managing “complex projects”.
We communicate so our clients' stories can Be Seen. Be Heard. And Be Understood.
And we engage the community, employees and customers so our clients Can See. Can Hear. And Understand.
Only then can we change the way people think and act.
We are specialists at integrating the practices of communication and engagement to help our clients create relationships with the people who matter most to them. It’s a tailored fit, rather than an off-the-shelf solution that makes a real difference to the way organisations function.
We help clients to decide whether they need to communicate with, or involve others in decision-making to make real changes. We help businesses, not-for-profits, government agencies and multinational corporations bring together people to achieve outstanding outcomes on projects that really matter.
We thrive on complex projects. The sort that threaten to delay or derail you. Or the ones with the greatest potential to make enormous differences to your business or society. Projects like:
- Development approvals (DAs)
- Major issues or crises
- Company restructures of repositioning
- Integrating digital and social media
- Government projects
- Master plans or planning schemes
- Driving innovation from staff, community or customers
- Working with outraged community or action groups
- Policy development
- Facilitating community or stakeholder forums where a workable vision or a tangible outcome must be developed
Discover our work. From property to energy, planning and health, we love the work we do. Over the past year, we've worked on:
- Queensland Renewable Energy Study
- Policy engagement for Advance Qld, Multicultural legislation and employment reform
- Cairns City Council future planning
- Climate change adaptation for NSW Govt and Councils
- Improving mental health services in Victoria
- Emergency Services reform in South Australia
- Toondah Harbour Priority Development Area (award winner for PIA and UDIA in 2014)
- Launching Providence masterplanned community
- Rebrands for iconic Qld B2B brands
- Innovation workshops for Qld Government agencies
- Restructure of publicly-listed companies
- Developing mobile apps, avatars, video animations, 3D animations
What We Do
Being seen, heard and understood takes more than effort, especially on challenging projects or problems. It takes courageous thinking, creative executive, and a commitment to cutting through to gain attention. We believe in balancing creativity with hard-edged business sense. Because standing out from the crowd isn't hard it just takes attitude.
Engagement flips communication on its head. It's about involving others in decision making by an organisation. It's about listening with intent. And engaging for a purpose.
Engaging with communities, staff and customers used to be a nice-to-have. Today, it's a must have!
The crossover between communication and engagement is a unique space. It means tackling our clients' problems from both perspectives, and knowing when to focus on communicating out and when to engage.
We’re one of Australia’s leading agency in community engagement and communication training, delivering courses to around 500 people every year. We deliver International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) courses, and co-developed the Australasian Certificate of Engagement - the industry standard. We encourage clients to build staff capacity and embed it into everyday business practice.
Connecting with people can be difficult. Especially for complex projects, or where it's hard to get noticed by disinterested or fatigued communities, or with young people. That's why we're the only communications and engagement agency to truly embrace interactive technology. We've created augmented reality apps and animations for clients .
During 2015, Articulous:
What Can We Do For You in 2016?
We’ve been delivering training to government and private sector companies on how to engage communities and stakeholders through digital and online tools. Using live polling and yes, even butcher’s paper, we’ve tallied the most common fears and obstacles for running online or digital engagement.Read More
There are legitimate reasons why we may use social media for work, at work and during work hours.Read More
New York is intricate, alive, passionate, and evolving. What became clearer to me on this journey was how the decisions of the community can have long-lasting and positive effects on a city’s identity.Read More
If you’re running an SME, your story, your point-of-difference, your services need to be instantly ready to roll off the tongue.Read More