As one of Australia’s fastest growing regions, Sunshine Coast Regional Council needed to explore a suite of mass transit options to reduce pressure on the local road network.
Articulous developed and delivered a comprehensive program of engagement activities that actively sought comment from a diverse range of residents.
- Community-wide online survey (including a paper-based version)
- Series of pop-up consultation stands
- Enquiry by Design workshop
- Intergenerational Forum
- Special Interest Groups workshop
- Community roundtable discussion
- Program of school briefings
- Range of meetings and briefings
- Sunshine Coast residents
- Sunshine Coast property owners
- Community organisations
- First Nations Representatives
- The property industry
- The transport industry
- The business community
- Environmental interest groups
- The aged-care sector
- The elderly
- Accessibility representative groups
- Visitors to the region
Articulous’s final engagement report synthesised these various inputs into ten key findings and fourteen recommendations that informed the final mass transit options report.