Over 100,000 residents engaged in Plan your Brisbane
Articulous is proud to have been a key contributor to one of the largest community engagement initiatives ever to be implemented in Australia.
Plan your Brisbane engaged more than 100,000 residents, or one in five Brisbane households, to have their say and help shape Brisbane’s next chapter. Over 15,000 ideas were generated.
How it happened
From September 2017 to April 2018 residents participated in innovative engagement methods including:
- Brisbane’s first intergenerational forum
- School and library activity with primary school students sharing their ideas using a giant customised map of Brisbane
- Film competition that attracted over 1,500 people
- Citywide forum
- Interactive sculptural survey at South Bank
- Online digital surveys and game that attracted thousands of responses
The engagement activities for Plan your Brisbane were used to inform Brisbane’s Future Blueprint, which was released by Brisbane City Council June 2018 highlighting eight principles and 40 actions to guide the city. Read more about the Blueprint here.
We were delighted to work with the team at Brisbane City Council who inspired new ways of thinking and engaging and who helped make the experience a great success.