Rob has an intimate knowledge of the community and stakeholder engagement sector, having spent 3 years leading training for International Association for Public Participation (IAP2).
He also has a background in communications, marketing and branding and has managed campaign development and production of materials, brands and digital platforms.
Rob is an accomplished trainer and capacity builder across organisations. His experience includes roles as a guest lecturer and tutor at the University of Sydney, project managing the development of new industry training programs at IAP2, marketing training programs with the Australian Company Directors Association (AICD), and as a deliverer of training programs in engagement and communication.
His industry experience includes sustainability, higher education, corporate governance, professional services and local and state government.
Rob brings a dynamic and engaging approach to all his work.
During his career, Rob has:
- Overseen and promoted the delivery of training programs / in-house training courses
- Project managed the development of new training products
- Overhauled brands and managed print collateral
- Streamlined website content and email communications
- Improved internal linkages between education and marketing teams
- Developed marketing materials for existing and new products
- Rolled out new brand guidelines to print and promotional materials
- Investigated and implemented sustainability strategies
- Managed an ongoing marketing team including12 casual promotional staff
- Devised and mounted a range of events including seminars, conferences and recruitment
- Implemented media campaigns involving print, electronic and events
- Been responsible for building relationships, public relations for various clients, business development and business efficiency.
His qualifications include:
- Diploma of Sustainability - Albury Wodonga TAFE 2012
- Bachelor of Planning and Design [Architecture] The University of Melbourne 1992
- IAP2 Certificate of Public Participation and Certificate in Emotion and Outrage in Public Participation
- IAP2 Australasian Certificate in Engagement (Australasia and International versions)