Nathan has over 15 years of experience in public relations, strategic communications and training, having worked across the property, government, technology, finance, energy, and not-for-profit sectors.
He has developed and executed successful communications and engagement strategies for organisations ranging from not for profit organisation, to single person starts-ups to some of the world’s largest organisations including IBM, HP and Microsoft and local, state and Commonwealth governments.
With experience both as in-house counsel and as an external consultant, Nathan is a communications professional who provides meaningful, practical and measurable solutions to communications and engagement challenges.
During his career he has:
- Executed successful issues management strategies that ensured the mitigation of risk to corporate reputation across a broad range of industries, including property, mining, the not for profit sector, tourism, food manufacturing and technology.
- Developed and executed a range of successful marketing and communications programs locally, nationally and internationally
- Specialised in communicating complex technical challenges from ICT, to construction, mining, and finance industries and many more
- Facilitated internal workshops to develop communications programs for organisations
- Managed significant communications change management programs including several mergers and acquisitions
- Conducted stakeholder management to executive level, developing and maintaining positive and profitable relationships with IBM, Hewlett Packard, the Australian Taxation Office and more.
- Developed and executed successful community engagement programs for State Government departments and authorities in the fields of water, infrastructure, planning, health
- Facilitated for Community Reference Groups, forums and workshops
- Conducted successful grass roots public affairs and stakeholder management campaigns for finance clients
- Conducted training sessions for over ten years for organisations including HP, IBM, General Mills, Delphi Automotive, Accenture, QT Mutual Bank, the Australian Drug Detection Agency, The Urban Land Development Authority and Queensland Rail
Nathan's Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor of Arts (Communication Studies) from the University of Newcastle
- Licensed trainer for the Certificate of Engagement (the Australasian standard from the world’s peak body for community engagement – the International Association for Public Participation)
- Certificate of Public Participation from IAP2 (International Association for Public Participation)
- International Certificate for Emotion, Outrage and Public Participation from IAP2
- Member of the Public Relations Institute of Australia and member of the Queensland sub committee for IAP2