Emma has more than 10 years’ experience in stakeholder engagement, media relations, public relations and strategic communications.
She gained those skills having worked in state government across a range of portfolios including housing, tourism, justice and property.
She has developed and executed successful communications strategies for organisations and major projects, and worked extensively on complex political and social issues.
Emma’s expertise lies with working closely with a diverse range of stakeholders to deliver highly effective internal and external communications, no matter what the challenge.
Her ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels and drive change through communications is what sets her apart.
During her career she has specialised in:
- Proactively engaged senior management to bring communications to the forefront of business planning.
- Developed and executed successful issues management strategies to ensure mitigation of risk to corporate reputation.
- Developed and executed a range of successful marketing and communications programs.
- Facilitated internal workshops to develop communications programs across organisations.
- Managed communications change management programs including introduction of new legislation and mergers.
- Managed all media issues, enquiries and PR opportunities for several government departments.
- Pre-empted critical media issues through proactive media engagement.
- Led crisis responses at short notice with executive teams and ministerial offices, mitigating fallout.
- Ran successful media launches and gained extensive positive media coverage for a variety of projects including community based events, conferences, awards and openings.
- Developed and executed successful community engagement programs for government organisations including Housing NSW and State Property NSW.
- Led engagement for removal of radioactive material from a prominent residential area. Managed facilitation with the local resident group, committee briefings and media liaison.
- Developed an engagement plan for sale and redevelopment of historic site on the NSW Central Coast, considering a range of stakeholder interests.
- Developed community engagement strategies for the redevelopment and upgrade of several major public housing developments.
- Led the marketing, communications and engagement activities for a highly successful tenant amnesty.