You’ve been asked to present to the Executive Team on key findings from your project. The reality sets in that you will be required to stand in front of the group and demonstrate how your months of hard work have paid off and why your findings are beneficial.
You rush to your desk and start pulling together a presentation. Although the adrenaline is pumping, you’re struggling to get anywhere. It’s time to stop, take a breath, regroup, start to work efficiently and deliver the best presentation you can.
Presenting your hard work can be daunting, especially when it’s to senior management, but it’s also a great opportunity to demonstrate what you have achieved and the value of your findings.
Here are some tips to help you nail your presentation:
- Be prepared – you might think you can wing it, but preparation will ensure you don’t miss a beat
- Bring an air of confidence to the room – this is one thing you’ll need lots of if you’re going to convince anyone of anything
- Engage the room – use the right body language and add a touch of humour to create a more relaxed atmosphere
- Encourage participation – invite questions to get people talking about your project
- Keep it brief – don’t over complicate your presentation or you’ll lose interest
- Be thorough, open and honest about your findings or outcomes
- Focus on results – explain how your findings will assist the organisation
- Align to the business plan – grab the floor by demonstrating how your work supports the business plan at a strategic level